Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: July 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Linux Network

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Linux Network
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Jul 1999 08:38:52 -0500

I would suggest UTP(10baseT) networking; hubs are so cheap these days
that it makes the most sense.  Dealing with the thinnet/coax is always
annoying, and you'll save yourself some sanity with the 10baseT.
Also, if you get 100Mb Ethernet cards, you  can go to 100Mb in the future.

As far as network cards are concerned, for the 10Mb Ethernet, NE2000
cards are a popular choice, and for 100Mb Ethernet, Tulip cards are a
good choice.

-- John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
The 79,054,518th prime number is 1,591,580,041.