Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1999:
[aclug-L] LSI and Linux

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] LSI and Linux
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 09:16:35 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Mohammad Islam wrote:

> I work for the UnitTest Dept. We do testing on RAID Controllers, Drive
> Certification and RAID Manager Software.

Heh... I work in Engineering Process Management as a Unix administrator
for the Logic Design department, and I have the priviledge of running a
Debian Linux web server (with one of our older arrays attached) as part of
my job.

For the record, LSI has taken over maintaining the NCR/Symbios/LSI SCSI
drivers for Linux.  I think it's rather cool that LSI has recognized Linux
and is contributing to the Linux community.  I'm hearing talk that some
folks here are pushing to get Linux added to our certification program for
the array devices.

--
Carl (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)