Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
[aclug-L] Setting up my own server...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Setting up my own server...
From: Patrick Klee <drwho@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 01:35:37 -0500

Greetings,
    I want to run my own server, with the following:

- My own domain name.
- My own news server.
- My own mail server, for my employees to access from my computer.
- My own FTP server.
- Changing from root to my own username so I can't get a virus.

I wanted to know where I can find out how to do these things from a
single computer.  I know you can from Linux, I just want to know how to
set it up right.  Also, what program comes with Linux RedHat 5.2 that
you can make Webpages with?  What do I need to do all of this and where
can I find step-by-step guides to set all of this up.

Anyone who can help with this newbie question, would have my eternal
gratitude, and possibly if you live here in town, I can take you out for
a beer or coke.  =)