Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Network Card Problem.

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Network Card Problem.
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 May 1999 22:36:36 -0500

The key with sendmail and  samba is to make absolutely sure that
/etc/hosts is set up correct, with your fully-qualified domain name.
Here is what it is set for me:

127.0.0.1       localhost
206.53.111.blah  erwin.complete.org      erwin

NOTE: you will need to find out the IP address of your network card
and use it for the second line.  Also, use your entire hostname there
(make up a domain name if you don't have one) for the second line.  If
this doesn't help, send us /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname, /etc/HOSTNAME,
and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts (whichever you may have; you won't
have all of them) and we can probably help.

-- John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
The 184,404,792nd prime number is 3,877,211,629.