Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
[aclug-L] PPP SERVER!

To: "Air Capital Linux Users Group" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] PPP SERVER!
From: "Troy Wolf" <troy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 18:17:15 -0500

Sorry for my repeated posts.  I really do make the effort to exhaust my options outside of posting before doing so.

I just converted from RH to Debian in an effort to get my PPP dial-up working.  I have to say as far as PPP goes, the Debain default install of pppd and mgetty provided me enough to get it working with almost zero effort.  It's too early to tell, but so far I'm finding a lot more detail in the example scripts and additional docs with Debian--this is a good thing.

The GOOD news: I can dial in from my Win98 laptop and connect to Debian Linux using AutoPPP--it's beautiful!

The BAD news: I'm only connecting at 24000.  The modems on both ends are 56K.  Is there a place that I specify the speed? Tips?

Thanks.
Troy Wolf