Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Need topic suggestions

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Need topic suggestions
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11 May 1999 17:49:48 -0500

"Troy Wolf" <troy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> compromising speed very much.  Gaming or ftp type traffic (streaming) is a
> whole other story!)  (Now, John Goerzen, I know working for Southwind, maybe
> you don't want to help people share a single internet connection with
> multiple PC's! <g>)  For people with kids and worried about crap on the

Hehe, I'll even talk about hooking Windows machines onto a Linux
network if people want me to :-)

(See how far I go to get people interested in Linux? <g>)

> nics
> hubs
> cables
> cross-connect cables

We talked about these are our April 5 meeting, but if they come up
again, I'd be glad to talk about them again.  As I recall, we even had
somebody in the audience that night that knew the pinouts for making
the crossover cables from memory :-)

> Can we go to a meeting every week?! <g>

Hehe, well only if you'll lead half of them :-)

Seriously, though, if there is sufficient interest, we could do that
but I am not sure that I would have enough time to put together 4
presentations and organize 4 meetings per month.  Maybe if we make the
BBQs a regular thing (one a month or so?) that might be good and let
people chat more informally about Linux (sorta like we do after our
normal meetings, provided we aren't kicked out due to tornados <g>)

We originally only met once a month but switched to a twice-a-month
schedule very quickly due to popular demand.  In fact, we only had
three events (one of which was a meeting) before changing to the
bimonthly schedule.

FYI, for those of you that don't know, you can find information on all
of our past events at http://www.aclug.org/events/ (just scroll down a
ways).  Can be useful to get ideas for future events, too.

-- John