Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Video problems

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Video problems
From: Jesse Kaufman <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 02:41:29 -0500

another prog that is free is StarOffice 5.0...  it's pretty good... i actually
use it both in linux
and winblows...  pretty spiffy, and (IMHO), MUCH better than WP8... i have had
nothing but
trouble w/ that @#@#%%@#%@$^#$ program! : ^ )

jesse

*************************************
Original message from: John Goerzen <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Craig Terhune <craigter@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>>  John most of the time I haven't got a flipping clue. I will ask another
>> stupid
>> question. What app. should I be using to edit or create  Word compatible
>> files.
>
>Don't worry, we're here to help get you going :-)  You may want to
>come to one of our meetings, where we can demonstrate the answers to
>your question right there.
>
>Currently, there are no Free programs (ones that come standard with
>Linux) to do that.  However, I recommend WordPerfect if you have to do
>that.  I think the website is www.sdcorp.com or linux.corel.com.
>

>--
>John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
>Developer, Debian GNU/Linux (Free powerful OS upgrade)       www.debian.org |