Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] two questions

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] two questions
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 May 1999 22:40:48 -0500

John Alexander <john.alexander@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> I recently got a new corporate laptop that came preloaded with '98. What do
> I have to do to my Samba config for the new box to be able to work with my
> old network? I mean, the other 95 boxes see the Samba server, and the new
> box can see everything on the network, it just has no visibility into the
> Samba box. I seem to recall that somebody said something about shadow
> passwords at some point, but I don't remember the specifics of the
> conversation.

Actually, it's the encrypted passwords option; probably you just need
to upgrade your Samba or apply a registry hack to Windows.  Details
for the latter are at:

http://samba.anu.edu.au/samba/docs/FAQ/#31

> The other question: Is anybody else getting two copies of every mail sent to
> the list?

Not as far as I know; is there any possibility that you may be
subscribed from two different e-mail addresses?  If so, let me know
and I can check to see if that is the case.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
The 37,312,042nd prime number is 721,589,413.