Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
[aclug-L] two questions

To: aclug-L <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] two questions
From: John Alexander <john.alexander@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 15:36:53 -0500

I recently got a new corporate laptop that came preloaded with '98. What do
I have to do to my Samba config for the new box to be able to work with my
old network? I mean, the other 95 boxes see the Samba server, and the new
box can see everything on the network, it just has no visibility into the
Samba box. I seem to recall that somebody said something about shadow
passwords at some point, but I don't remember the specifics of the
conversation.
The other question: Is anybody else getting two copies of every mail sent to
the list?

John Alexander
Outsource Operations Site Lead
AOL:    JRAlexan1