Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] two questions

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] two questions
From: "Greg House" <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 22:09:47 -0500

>I recently got a new corporate laptop that came preloaded with '98. What do
>I have to do to my Samba config for the new box to be able to work with my
>old network? I mean, the other 95 boxes see the Samba server, and the new
>box can see everything on the network, it just has no visibility into the
>Samba box. I seem to recall that somebody said something about shadow
>passwords at some point, but I don't remember the specifics of the
>conversation.

It probably has to do with the new SMB password encryption algorithm that M$
is using.  I don't remember the solution for sure, so you'll probably need
to go to the Samba pages (http://us1.samba.org/samba/samba.html) and check
it.  I think you may need to upgrade the version of Samba to one that
supports it.

>The other question: Is anybody else getting two copies of every mail sent
>the list?

Nope, just one for me.

Greg