Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Video problems

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Video problems
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 28 Apr 1999 21:37:06 -0500

Craig Terhune <craigter@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm running RH 5.2 and upon existing X the screen is filled with non
> readable characters. If you know what it says you can log back on.,
> but it stay's that way until you reboot.

Unfortunately, this is a bug with some video cards or drivers.  You
may have to be more specific about your hardware here.

> My next problem has to do with some text files that I copied over
> from win 98. The Emacs or ghost will not open them up. Emacs wants a
> password for an FTP site. I know that the files are there because
> Gimp will open the bmps that I copied over at the same time.

Well, emacs should definately not be asking for a FTP password unless
you are really trying to use FTP.  Can you say exactly what steps you
are taking to try to open this file, and the name of the file?

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
The 160,447th digit of pi is 5.