Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
[aclug-L] alsa-sound (was compiling kernel)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] alsa-sound (was compiling kernel)
From: Seth Turner <spiff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 22:14:12 -0500 (CDT)

Jesse wrote:

sound?  need any help?  i've had LOTS of experience w/ that!  : ^ )  what card
do you have?  personally, i like the ALSA (alsa-project.org) sound drivers
better than the kernel drivers...  they work very nicely, and are relatively
simple to setup...  if you have any questions, i'd be glad to help out!  it's
one of the few areas where i can atleast help!  : ^ )

Awesome! I am trying to get alsa to work on my system so I will gladly take any
advice you can give.  Perhaps we can start at square one.

I have a soundblaster pci 128

with my recent recompiling of kernel I am now using 2.2.5 with sound support as
well as the ability to module the ensoniq and creative ensoniq (however with
alsa perhaps these can be ignored)

I have installed everything from the slink distribution pertaining to alsa.

Pretty much as far as I have gotten, what's next?  BTW, when adding in the
alsa-modules.deb it did mention that the alsa driver was not running...

tia,
Seth