Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
[aclug-L] compiling the kernel

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] compiling the kernel
From: Seth Turner <spiff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 13:38:41 -0500 (CDT)

This eve, I am planning to recompile a kernel at any extreme.  I have had
sucess in the past once, however when I made the last one, it gives me a kernel
panic.  I have tried since to recompile and the computer acts as though all is
going well, gives me screen upon screen of it is doing this or that, then when
it is finished, I end up with nothing.  I have scoured my hard drive for
anything that even remotely resembles what I should get for output, however it
is not there.

I am using debian and trying to go about this via make-kpkg etc.  Anyone willing
to throw out a few pointers or perhaps indications of what might be happening?

tia,
spiff