Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] fool proof LINUX?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] fool proof LINUX?
From: phrostie <phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:40:51 -0500

if you have the disk space pht is the easiest i've found.  redhat is a close second.

i've gone back to redhat myself

phrostie

maholmes wrote:

I sold my old 486, and I told them I would only send it with Linux. I
was not going to dub Micro$oft, and Linux is open.  This computer is
going to be used by a child,  I need to set it up with it being user
friendly.  I have a CD with RED HAT 5.0 on it I was going to send with
the computer.   My book explains how to make startx  come on with the
boot up, so I figured that would be the easiest.  I need to make scripts
for install, so when they get stuff, they can just click install and the
name, and the computer takes over.  The kids mother does not have much
money, and cannot afford Micro$oft, I had to come down in price so I
want to make this as cheap as possible.  I've redone my linux about
three times, and I can muddle through, but I don't want them to get a
bad taste of linux, because of my poor judgment, in the install.

Mike Holmes

--
phrostie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oh I've slipped the surly bonds of dos