Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
[aclug-L] Video H!

To: "aclug-L@complete. org" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Video H!
From: "Gary L Merrick" <scarabea@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 16:05:48 -0500

Ok, well, I managed to figure out how to update my Kernel to 2.2.6 hoping
beyond hope that it would fix my video problems with Xwindows. No luck. The
FAQ's on the XF86 site are no help, I updated everything that the faq said I
needed to, to fix the problem with my Diamond Speedstar A50 AGP card, didn't
work. I THINK it has something to do with the 8 megs of video RAM on the
card and getting X to see it, it reports only 1024mb of video mem and tells
me not enough available. I'm tapped out, and every page I looked at on the
web doesn't address the problem beyond what I've already found and done. Any
one out there have an idea?! Anything short of getting a new card? There
must be a solution out there some where.

Gary.

PS any one live in Junction City or near White City that could take a look
at this box would be a boon!