Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] tape drive support

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] tape drive support
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Apr 1999 12:34:02 -0500

In general, you can do it without recompiling the kernel only if the
module was coompiled when the kernel was.  Generally, the only time
you'd see this is in the distribution kernel, and probably most of
them don't have the ftape module anyway.  So you'll probably have to
recompile.  I believe there is an ftape HOWTO out there as well that
you may be interested in.

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
The 64,185,630th prime number is 1,278,119,287.