Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
[aclug-L] Video Card Support

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Video Card Support
From: "Gary L Merrick" <scarabea@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 11:50:38 -0500

I can't get Red Hat 5.2 to use my Video Card correctly. I had thought I'd
found the solution with the 3.3.3 version of Xwindows (XFree86) and it did
include my Diamond Speedstar A50, but no matter what setting I use it'll
come up with no text, scrambled graphics, virtual desktop and or any
combination there-of with Xconfigurator and XF86config, I can't even get
into XF86Setup. It appears also that the server is only seeing 1024 of my
cards 8mb's of RAM. I even downloaded the 2.2 Kernel and tried to compile
it, but when LILO reboots, it still shows Linux Ver 2.0.+ I really want to
switch over to Linux completely, but I'm glad I'm dual booting with Windows
98, because right now Linux is no good to me if I can't see any of the
graphical menus. I can't even edit any of the config files because I can't
see them in any Xwindows editors.

PLEASE help, I'd hate to have to dump Xwindows over a problem this silly,
it's got to be some little silly thing that I'm missing.

Gary Merrick
scarabea@xxxxxxxxxx