Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1999:
[aclug-L] modem configuration problem

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] modem configuration problem
From: Mike McNown <mikem@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 10:46:47 -0500

I am attempting to get Linux to recgonize my modem at work.  I have
everything working fine at home with an external Hayes, so I have done it
before, but the machine at work is giving me fits.

I am working with a USR Sportster (internal pnp) 56k modem.  It works fine
under Micro$oft, but does not do anything under Linux.  It is installed on
com 4 (through pnp).  I used modemtool under Linux and assigned it to com
4.  I have done everything as described on SouthWind help page.  When, as
root, I type "pppd /dev/ttyS3 115200" I get nothing.  It just sits there.

Any ideas?

Mike
mdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx