Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] startx question???

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] startx question???
From: Sanjay Dhar <sxdhar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:39:53 -0600 (EST)

> > Where, What, How??? Do I change it? I'm trying to set it to be a default
> > so that I can boot to X Windows.

   For RH you need to edit the /etc/inittab file and change the run level
to 5. I believe the default is set to 3. For Debian you need to edit
/etc/X11/config and make sure you have start-xdm as one of the lines ( now
this is from memory, so don't take my word for it) Try not to make any
other changes or your system may fail to boot.

Another way to get it to boot X-Windows would be by using the telinit
command. Do a "man telinit".

--SD