Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
[aclug-L] C compiler for Linux - building pine

To: "aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] C compiler for Linux - building pine
From: "Carl B. Davis" <cdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:48:51 -0600

I'm trying to build Pine 4.10 on my Linux.  During the build I get a
series of errors that indicate I don't have a C compiler installed.  I
have Redhat 5.2 and installed gcc (a GNU compiler) from RPM off the
disk.  I tried to run the build again and get the same messages.

Is there another compiler, library or something that I need to add?  Am
I right in thinking that Gcc is a C compiler that should run the build
for Pine 4.10?  Is there a FAQ, How-To or resource on compiling programs
that I should turn to?

The reply I got from the Pine list essentially was that it's probably
over your head and you should have an expert do it.  I don't accept
that.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Carl