Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] startx question???

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] startx question???
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 31 Mar 1999 07:19:37 -0600

Nate had one answer which will work.  Another one is to insert:

  DefaultColorDepth 16

in your XF86Config file (usually found in /etc/X11).  This should be
in the "Screen" section appropriate for your hardware.  If you have
several "Screen" sections, but don't know which one is being used, it
doesn't hurt to list it in all of them.