Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] lyx, new styles

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] lyx, new styles
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Mar 1999 23:43:21 -0600

First, before I scare off everybody, I want to point out that you can
do your resume without using this package; this one just does more
automatically for you.

OK, I've got a cv package here that works wiht LyX.  You can find it
at http://www-rocq.inria.fr/~lasgoutt/lyx/ -- filename is
cv-1.3.tar.gz.

To install:

 1. Untar.
 2. Copy cv.cls to /usr/lib/texmf/local/tex/latex/misc
 3. cd to /usr/lib/texmf/local
 4. run mktexlsr
 5. Return to the normal account
 6. Copy cv.layout into ~/.lyx/layouts directory
 7. Start LyX, and go to Options->Reconfigure
 8. Exit and restart LyX for the changes to take effect

Now, you can open the cv.lyx sample file.  You will probably want to
print it or view it as postscript or xdvi because it looks pretty nice
that way.

I must say that I think I like the old res.sty better, but it's a
matter of personal opinion.