Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Linux on store shelves

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Linux on store shelves
From: "Jeffrey L. Hansen" <jhansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 19:40:58 -0600

I haven't tried that one yet, but it's Win95 that's the culprit with the reload. My video decides to lose 3d at odd interval and only a reboot helps. I'm just going to redo the whole enchilada. Since my original Linux install I got a 2 GB SCSI drive and I think I want to put Linux on that. That will make it easier in the future to all more drives to the Linux environment and should really smoke for performance. I also got a new monitor (one of the problems I've had) so setting up the video servers should be more straightforward now. I really would like to get the new Debian to install so I'll probably be writing for help/sympathy soon. :-)

As far as hardware goes, the environment has been pretty well behaved in Win95 until recently. It's been doing a bunch of weird things so I've been waiting for this day to surface. Here we go again.