Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Recommendation!!

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Recommendation!!
From: Mohammad Islam <sohel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 21:04:34 -0600

Hi John,

Thanks for the great reply. Seemed like i can make a small personal
project out of all this:))

I have a P100 with 80 megs of ram that currently serving as
proxy/masquarade/samba/print/file server for my LAN of three computers.
I want to take off all these services from it and put them on the 486.
That's why i was asking whether its a good idea or not. Judging from
your answer, i suppose that wouldn't be a problem.

For the moment, i am interested to know how i can setup network
monitoring on a system mentioned(486dx). Hmm would be possible to make a
short topic on network monitoring on one of the aclug meeting?

I wouldn't mind using Debian or Slackware. Although i would prefer
Debian.

Again, Thanks for the great reply.

Regards,

Mohammed