Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
[aclug-L] PerlTk

To: "aclug-L (E-mail)" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] PerlTk
From: John Alexander <john.alexander@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 18:58:48 -0600

I bought a book on Perl/Tk earlier this week thinking that this module was part
of the RedHat 5.2 distro, and based on the meeting that we had a few months
ago, in which John showed us some of the things that can be done easily using
Perl. I come to find out that, not only is the PTk module not a standard part
of RedHat, but that I can't even get the source for the latest verion of the
module to compile. The previous version compiles, but it gives me an error
whenever I try to add a widget to the Perl script. Does anybody out there have
any experience with this module, or could someone provide a pointer to an Alpha
version of the RPM? I've already tried the RedHat page, and the only hit that I
get from google search is dead.

TIA

John Alexander