Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
[aclug-L] StarOffice 5.0 FilterUpdate *Now Available*

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] StarOffice 5.0 FilterUpdate *Now Available*
From: Wayne White <wwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:09:11 -0600

>Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 02:44:44 -0800
>From: "Star Division Direct Email" <us.mailing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: StarOffice 5.0 FilterUpdate *Now Available*
>Apparently-To: wwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Dear StarOffice Customer,
>
>At StarDivision we take pride in continually improving our product for
you. We think you will find that our latest release, StarOffice 5.0
FilterUpdate, is a significant improvement over earlier versions. With
StarOffice 5.0 FilterUpdate you will notice dramatic improvements
concerning Microsoft interoperability. The StarOffice 5.0 FilterUpdate
includes refined Microsoft Word® and Excel® 97 import and export filters.
It also has an improved Microsoft PowerPoint® 97 import filter and a new
Microsoft PowerPoint export feature.

>In addition to improved Microsoft Office filter capabilities, other
innovations with StarOffice 5.0 FilterUpdate include:
>* Streamlined registration mechanism based on your feedback
>* Additional Filters for the Windows, Solaris SPARC, and OS/2 platforms
including WordPerfect, AmiPro, FrameMaker MIF, WinWord 2. (only available
on CD-Rom)
>* Java Applet and JavaScript support within the Linux version
>* Availability in English, German, French and Italian
>* Security Enhancements in the Mail and News Client
>* Many other enhancements and optimizations!
>
>Individual non-commercial users:
>
>Individual non-commercial users may download the StarOffice 5.0 Personal
Edition FilterUpdate (60~80 MB) for free via our web site for their home
use. Platforms available include Microsoft Windows NT/95/98, Linux, Sun
Solaris SPARC/x86 and OS/2. Languages available include English, German,
Italian, and French. Additional download information can be found at:
>==> http://www.stardivision.com/freeoffice/
>
>Registered StarOffice users may also purchase the StarOffice 5.0
FilterUpdate ServicePack on CD for US$ 14.95. For a limited time only Star
Division offers the StarOffice 5.0 FilterUpdate ServicePack including
additional filters, clipart and fonts. Further ServicePack online ordering
information can be found at:
>==> http://www.stardivision.com/shop/servicepack
>
>If you wish to receive a manual, installation guide, 30-day technical
support and additional clipart and fonts along with the CD you may purchase
StarOffice Personal Edition Deluxe 5.0 with FilterUpdate for US$ 39.95.
Additional Personal Edition Deluxe online ordering information can be found
at:
>==> http://www.stardivision.com/shop/deluxe
>
>Professional and Commercial users:
>
>Professional and commercial users may purchase the StarOffice 5.0
Professional Edition with FilterUpdate, StarOffice 5.0 Small Business
Edition with FilterUpdate and/or the StarOffice Business License on-line at: