Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Black Lab Micro

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Black Lab Micro
From: "Greg House" <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 22:08:42 -0600

From: Bob Deep <bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, March 10, 1999 3:15 PM

>jeffrey.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> For what it's worth:  I'd like to warn everyone about the experience I
just
>> went through with Black Lab Micro.
>
>Ahhh yes.. The one problem with mail order.  Sometimes there is a real
>reason to buy local...

Or to buy from a mail order vendor that has a good reputation.  Get
recommendations from people, and check the vendor survey at
http://www.sysopt.com/vendsurv.html  I've generally found I had trouble with
some of the same companies that rated very low.  Definitely read the
comments 'cause they'll tell a story.  Some of the medium-low rated
companies are fine to do business with.

FWIW, Black Lab Micro rated a 2.3 on a scale of 0-7 (7 being the best).
That's among the worst of the companies rated (at least the ones that had
more then a just a vote or two).  Comp-Recyclers (who I bought some stuff
from and might have mentioned here...) was I think the absolute worse.  out
of 8 voters, they scored a whopping 0.4.  I'd rate 'em about that low too.
Sending out broken stuff, badly abused junk, can't get a response, etc.
Definitely avoid 'em.

Greg