Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Black Lab Micro

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Black Lab Micro
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:28:38 -0600 (CST)

I've dealt with Black Lab Micro as well--bought an AMD K6-266 from them a
few months ago.  My experience with them was not bad, but I've only dealt
with them once... I may have been lucky.

I would like to warn everyone to stay away from Accubyte, though!  I'm
still fighting with them and my credit card company to get my money back
on a disfunctional AMD K6-233 I bought from them.  They shipped me a bad
CPU, I returned it.. they inisted that it worked correctly after they
tested it, but said they would send me a new one anyway.  I got the "new"
one--it did the exact same thing, thus forcing me to believe they sent me
the same bad CPU.  When I called them about that they said my warranty
period was over, so they couldn't do anything about it.

So... I'm now fighting with my credit card company about getting the money
back.  My bank and CC company seem to agree with me, so things are still
hopeful... but who knows what will actually happen.

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 jeffrey.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> For what it's worth:  I'd like to warn everyone about the experience I just
> went through with Black Lab Micro.  I ordered a refurbished Sony monitor on
> 2/23.  I paid for 3-day FedEx shipping.  7 days later I called to see where
> it was.  They said that they had a system crash and lost my name and
> address although they still had the card number.  I gave them the
> information again and recycled the patience.  7 days later I still had not
> received it so I called to find out why.  They told me, once again, about
> the system crash and said they have no record of the order.  I just
> received my AmEx bill and came to find out that I was billed on 2/23 even
> though they didn't even have a shipping address.  Thankfully, I used AmEx
> and they're graciously taking off the charge until such time as I actually
> receive the monitor.
>
> As I said, take this for what it's worth.  I just felt compelled to share
> the experience.
>
> Jeff
>

> ---
> This is the Air Capital Linux Users Group discussion list.  If you
> want to unsubscribe, send the word "unsubscribe" to
> aclug-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx.  If you want to post to the list, send your
> message to aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Jonathan Hall * jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * PGP public key available
Systems Admin, Future Internet Services in Goessel, KS * (316) 367-2443
     http://www2.southwind.net/~jonhall * PGP Key ID: FE 00 FD 51
         -=  Running Debian GNU/Linux 2.0, kernel 2.0.36  =-