Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
RE: [aclug-L] Video card choice (was: Debian package management)

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [aclug-L] Video card choice (was: Debian package management)
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 11:24:19 -0600

One possible point of conflict: Com4, ie /dev/ttyS3. Some video cards have
their hardware mapped to the same address range as com4. Another possibility
is mapped memory in the C000-FFFF range.  You need to check with your video
card documentation to see whether your card uses either of these features.
If so, you must make sure no other card tries to use the same range.  Linux
an Virge chipsets work fine, but you must check the documentation for the
correct xserver, as the virge is picky about xserver strings...

Good Luck!

- Dale W Hodge -