Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] Help

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Help
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07 Mar 1999 20:16:56 -0600

Nate Bargmann <ka0rny@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> John Goerzen wrote:
>
> > http://www.linuxpress.com/
> >    Debian manual, if you use Debian.
>
> I just checked out their site and appears they have a nice product.  My
> question, is this the "official" published version of Debian?  According
> to their page they contirbute part of their sales price back to the
> Debian project, so I guess a better question is, is this the company
> contracted by the Debian project to provide the manual in print and the
> distribution on CD-ROM for Debian? (confused yet?)

Debian, to the best of my knowledge, has not contracted with anybody
with any such deal.  There are people working on additional Debian
manuals, and tutorials are forthcoming as well.

I can say, though, that the manual seems to look very good (I've
looked over it briefly) and it is written by a long-time Debian developer.