Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] AGP vs PCI video cards

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] AGP vs PCI video cards
From: "Greg House" <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 00:05:17 -0600

Which one?  the XF86 faq? http://www.xfree86.org/FAQ/  DejaNews?
http://www.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml  (direct to the power search section)

>Right now, I believe the S3 and Matrox are among the best-supported.

I have a Matrox Mystique in my main PC and it's working great.  Right now I
have an S3 ViRGE/GX2 AGP card I could put in this system, or an STB Velocity
3D PCI card which I could put in this system. Which do you think would be
better?

I have the Diamond A50 working at this point, but I can only get 800x600 at
24bpp.  This system will be used for graphic design (gimp) work and I'd like
to have good color depth with a reasonable sized screen (1024x768 probably).
Any recommendations?

Greg