Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
[aclug-L] AGP vs PCI video cards

To: aclug-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] AGP vs PCI video cards
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:10:52 -0600

I am working on building a system based on an AMD K6-2 400. The one
element that I'm at a loss on is the video card. The motherboard that
I plan to use: FIC VA-503+ has an AGP slot.

What are peoples thoughts on AGP video cards vs. PCI cards? The
machine will not be a heavy gaming machine, but I want good support
for Linux (XFree86) and I want it to perform well with things like the
GIMP.

Also, do people have a suggested manufacture/chipset with the above in
mind?

Thanks

Steven Saner                            SouthWind Internet Access, Inc.
ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                    Junior Systems Administrator
http://www2.southwind.net/~ssaner       support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        http://www.southwind.net
                                        263-7963 Wichita  (800)525-7963