Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
[aclug-L] ACLUG reminder & news

To: aclug-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] ACLUG reminder & news
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Feb 1999 21:02:00 -0600

Hello,

First, I just want to remind everyone that our Free Linux Installation
is happening this Saturday, February 27, from noon to 5 PM in Jabara
Hall on the campus of Wichita State University.  Please see
http://www.aclug.org/events/ for more information, including more
detailed time information, what to bring, and how to register (it's
free!).  If you'd be willing to volunteer to help with the install,
please write to jgoerzen+volunteers@xxxxxxxxxxxx so we can coordinate
the volunteer efforts, and thanks to those that have already written!

As a separate reminder, our next meeting will occur March 1.  Expect a
more formal announcement of it later this week.  Suggestions for a
topic are still welcome; feel free to mail me at aclug@xxxxxxxxxxxx.
One suggestion has been for a kernel compilation event.  We've done
this before, but it was an abbreviated one (we showed how to compile
the kernel but not what all the options meant).  We can go into more
detail and still make it a good event for those that have not compiled
a kernel before.

Finally, for those of you interested, I just saw a promo for CNN
Newsstand (Wednesday, 9 PM US-Central time) that will apparently
feature a story on Linux.  These are generally fairly detailed
segments, so it could be an interesting program.  CNN in channel 16 in
the Wichita area.

-- John Goerzen
ACLUG president

--
This is the Air Capital Linux Users Group announcements list. Subscribe and