Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 1999:
Re: [aclug-L] redhat 5.1 instl boot disk

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] redhat 5.1 instl boot disk
From: jeffrey.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:47:33 -0500

Holy cow!  I completely forgot about Rawrite.  The mind is definitely
going.  Thanks Bob... once again.

Jeff

bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx on 02/22/99 04:20:00 PM

Please respond to aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Jeffrey Hansen/BFTC/Bombardier)

jeffrey.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Does anyone have an installation boot disk for RH 5.1?  Mine bit the big
> one and my system doesn't boot now.  The BIOS is too old, also, to
support
> CD boot.  If you do have it, could you please e-mail it to me at
> jeffrey.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx.

If you know a friend with a Dos machine... You can make one yourself.

On your CD is a utility named "rawrite.exe" in the "dos" directory.  It
can write a disk image file to a dos formatted disk.

Three disk images are provided in the "images" directory.  You will find
the right ones there.

If you don't have a friend with a Dos machine and a CD, I'll be glad to
make them for you.

-= bob =-