Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 1999:
[aclug-L] k2.2.0-preX

To: ACLUG <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] k2.2.0-preX
From: Jesse Kaufman <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 22:33:33 +0000

ok, i'm interested in trying out k2.2.0-preX, and would like to know if
there is a place that lists all other software / libs / packages / etc
that need to be upgraded before i can successfully run a 2.2.0-pre
kernel...  one i am looking at is net-tools, which at one time (before
my format), i had gotten to install via tarball, but now i cannot...  i
always get errors about missing .o and .c files...  the reason i want to
upgrade this package in particular, is because last time, it took care
of the "net-pf-4" errors on boot and restart...

i've looked on linuxhq's website, but that page is fairly old, and has
not (to my knowledge) been updated since k2.1.120...  plus, half of the
links to the different required packages are dead...

any ideas?

jesse

--
"If we don't stand up to Micro$oft, who will?"
     - The Boycott Micro$oft Web Page

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~mdw/boycott/