Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1998:
RE: Windevices was: RE: [aclug-L] phoebe micro pci modem 56k

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Windevices was: RE: [aclug-L] phoebe micro pci modem 56k
From: "John Alexander" <john.alexander@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 11:46:02 -0600

I typically just look to see if it has DOS level drivers. I realize that
there are a lot of devices out there that don't provide DOS level drivers
anymore, and that that doesn't necessarily mean that it won't work in Linux,
but that listing on the box, or a listing for Novell drivers, usually gives
you some insight into how well it will function under Linux.

As always YMMV, and my own $0.03236 ($0.02 after inflation)
JA