Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] kernel 2.1.29 == 2.2?

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] kernel 2.1.29 == 2.2?
From: Cheez-Czar <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 21:19:10 -0600 (EST)

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998, John Goerzen wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 21, 1998 at 02:47:06PM -0600, Cheez-Czar wrote:
>
> > Ok I saw Linus's message that 2.1.29 would be 2.2 but he was chicken, so I
>
> err, 2.1.129, but hey.

ok I saw 2.1.129 at the top but picked 2.1.29 oops

well it still seems to be working

let me recompile 2.1.129 instead

that explains those deleted Inodes

btw waht are the module and modutil files on the kernel page??

and is there an easy way to get all users to get non-root users to access
sound devices besides adding them to the audio group in the
/etc/groups/file ? (and the disk group if you want them to play cd's)

and finally why on kira (a linux machine) does back space not work in
pine, from xterm-debian while xterms from CDE at work it works just fine
??