Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] removing stuff from runlevels

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] removing stuff from runlevels
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 Oct 1998 08:09:01 -0600

Removing the link is safe.  All of the startup scripts are stored in
/etc/init.d, and the /etc/rc.* files are just links to those scripts.

Also take a look at the manpage for  update-rc.d; it may provide you
with what you want already.

-- John

John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |