Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] PLEASE, someone help me setup Samba to share files

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] PLEASE, someone help me setup Samba to share files
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Sep 1998 15:30:48 -0500

BTW, sending messages in HTML makes them hard to read.  I have to
disable MIME parsing in my mail reader to read them.  I'd appreciate
it if you could send then in plain text format.

Jesse Kaufman <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> <HTML>
> I really need to get Samba up and running to share files on the network
> i am a part of...&nbsp; PLEASE somoeone help me asap...&nbsp; i'm fairly
> overwhelmed by the HOWTO's on samba... not a networking expert...
> <P>PLEASE?
> <P>thanks in advance,
> <BR>jesse</HTML>

OK, what precisely are you trying to do?  Use the Linux machine as a
server?  What areas of the disk do you want to share and what sort of
authentication are you using at your site?

BTW, the relevant file is /etc/smb.conf.

John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |