Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] big installation fest...

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] big installation fest...
From: alx@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 14:03:07 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998, Jesse Kaufman wrote:

> time consuming, and my parents keep saying they wished i'd study in college
> as much as i've studied linux!  : ^ )  i'm planning on attending as many of

Why would you do that?  You can know what you are doing and either make
more money, or have more fun, or both, or you can study in college for a
useless degree that would get you a job working for people who you would
eventually grow to dislike because they expect you to kiss up to them all
the time like they're the ones doing you a favor.

Run-on sentence?  Me?

Granted, a degree is important to an extent, but given the choice I would
rather not have a degree and know what I was doing, than have a degree and
be clueless.