Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: June 1998:
[aclug-L] fixed: problems with Linux Kernel

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Matt Kessler <mwkessle@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Me <trbloom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] fixed: problems with Linux Kernel
From: Cheez-Czar <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 11:55:14 -0500 (CDT)

Well I got my Kernel to complile and I thought I'd tell  what
I did in case anyone else has the same problems.

instead of make zlilo I did make zImage, copied it over /vmlinuz myself,
and then ran lilo. I also added a linux_backup image to lilo. Then i ran
/sbin/lilo restarted it, and it works. I have sound

A few questions now.

i can't play midi files, it says can't openm /dev/sequencer but I was sure
I added ir. Was there something else I was supposed to do to play midis?

Also I noticed that my net connection was incredibly slow. Would
installing ppp as a module affected that?

finally I want to apologize for not getting las thursday meetings notes
out yet. I've been busy with this, but will get them out this weekend.

Clint Brubakken
aka