Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: June 2002:
[webdev] Re: Bugzilla update

To: webdev@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [webdev] Re: Bugzilla update
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:52:55 -0500

James Violette wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The Bugzilla installation is complete to the point where AOLServer needs
> to talk to it.
>
> The entry point url for Bugzilla is:
>    http://aclug.notwerk.net/cgi-bin/bugzilla/index.cgi

This is what I suggested to James, but I can't get it to work.

I've tried a lot of things here, yet still don't have a very clear idea
of what's going on. In /usr/local/aolserver/nsd.tcl, I have:

  ns_section "ns/server/${server}/module/nscgi"
    ns_param map "GET  /cgi-bin /home/aclug/cgi-bin"
    ns_param map "POST /cgi-bin /home/aclug/cgi-bin"
    ns_param map "GET  /*.cgi"
    ns_param map "POST /*.cgi"
  # ns_param Interps CGIinterps

I've also set up adp to process *.html files. I have a bunch of test things
set up:

    /home/aclug/cgi-bin/{test,wiki.pl,tdirtest->tdir/test}
    /home/aclug/cgi-bin/tdir/test
    /home/aclug/openacs/www/bugzilla -> /usr/local/bugzilla/bugzilla
    /home/aclug/openacs/www/bugzilla-test/{test,test.cgi,index.cgi,...}

The latter is a copy of the whole bugzilla tree. Lots of weird things seem
to be happening here. For instance:

    /cgi-bin/test works
    /cgi-bin/tdir/test returns a "Server Error"
    /cgi-bin/tdirtest works (this follows a symbolic link)

    plain .html files like votehelp.html work in /bugzilla and /bugzilla-test,
    but .cgi files like test.cgi only work in /bugzilla-test, not in /bugzilla
    /bugilla-test/index.cgi almost works: we get a "Software Error" message
    complaining that there is no data/params file in @INC; since @INC does
    include ., this suggests that the cgi module didn't cd.

I also haven't been able to get index.cgi accepted as a default index, even
though nsd.tcl now says:

   set directoryfile index.adp,index.tcl,index.cgi,index.html,index.htm

What I conclude is:

    follows symbolic links for static files
    follows symbolic links for cgi scripts, but
    does not follow symbolic links for cgi directories

>  From /home/aclug/cgi-bin, we added the symbolic link 'bugzilla' to the
> Bugzilla perl scripts.
> For some reason, AOLServer does not recognize this link.
> Does anyone know if AOLServer must be configured to follow symbolic links?

Some doc on aolserver's cgi interface:

  http://www.aolserver.com/docs/admin/cgi.html

We're not doing any CGI Environment additions at this point.

> We are using Bugzilla 2.16rc2.
> This is updatable through the bugzilla.org CVS server.
> We should plan on updating it when Bugzilla 2.16 is actually released.
>
> Also, during the Bugzilla installation process,
>   Perl was upgraded from 5.6.0 (redhat 7.2 default) to 5.6.1

Looks like this is in /usr/bonsaitools/bin/perl; this causes some problems
with the CGIinterps mapping, which is why I've disabled it for now. Disabling
it doesn't seem to hurt anything.

--
/*
 *  Tom Hull * thull at kscable.com * http://www.tomhull.com/