Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: June 2002:
[webdev] Re: FW: Errors on The Aclug Community

To: webdev@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [webdev] Re: FW: Errors on The Aclug Community
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 01:30:22 -0500

Dale W Hodge wrote:

> > > I'm trying to run OpenACS on Debian. Things were working fine until I
> > > updated
> > > the database to version 7.2.1.  Enclosed is the message from the OpenACS
> > > logwatch daemon:
>
> I've gone as far as to completely remove and then re-install both the
> database and OpenACS. At first I thought it was a configuration error on my
> part, as I hadn't read completely through the log files.  All I knew at the
> time was that it was refusing to serve pages.  Only after spending a lot of
> time and getting nowhere did I think to tail the log files and realized the
> database was erroring out.  The OpenACS website has so far been of little
> help.

If you're not serving pages at all, you have another problem besides the
one you posted. The one you posted had to do with a background scheduled
thread. You could disable it by commenting out the call to ad_schedule_proc
in tcl/spam-daemon.tcl (then restart aolserver).

--
/*
 *  Tom Hull * thull at kscable.com * http://www.tomhull.com/