Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: March 2002:
[webdev] webserver status

To: webdev@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [webdev] webserver status
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:29:30 -0600

OK, give me some direction here. The status is that I have the
new/prototype/test aclug webserver working: postgresql (except
no PL/TCL), aolserver, openacs. I've mostly been spending time
reading doc, trying out various modules, trying to get a grip
on the openacs bounty. Some modules I have working somewhat
are: bboard, calendar, faq, glossary. Found a couple of bugs
in bookmarks (one fixed, one I haven't figured out, some fancy
sql that I haven't seen before). There's some nice stuff here;
I think it will work very well, once we figure out how to use
it.

Problem is: I'm going out-of-town starting Friday, and won't
be back until mid-April. I don't expect to have regular email
or internet access, and while I'll dump a copy of this onto
my laptop, I doubt that I'll do a lot with it. So the best
thing might be to hand the machine over to John Alexander
and put it up on the Internet. Problem is, Wed. & Thurs. is
about it for me. You want to do this now?

Putting it on the Internet is probably straightforward. It
would be nice to replace the default index.tcl page (maybe
just cover it up with an index.adp, which takes precedence).
People could then log in, organize and participate in
bboard and a few other modules, peruse the doc properly,
and explore the rest of the thing. What I'd like to see
when I get back are some ideas for organizing content.
How does this sound?

--
/*
 *  Tom Hull * thull at kscable.com * http://www.tomhull.com/