Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: March 2002:
[webdev] openacs doc pages

To: webdev@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [webdev] openacs doc pages
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:22:48 -0600

I've put a set of openacs doc files up on the web at:

  http://www.tomhull.com/doc/

Note that some of the links in these files are broken. In
particular, the only things likely to work are .html files
under /doc, and external links (photo.net, etc.).

The first big problem is to figure out which pieces of the
openacs system to tackle and try to integrate. I've already
done something fairly minimal with calendar:

 * Created categories: ACLUG Events, Other Events
 * Added next two meetings to: ACLUG Events

I'm looking now at the bboard system. See:

  http://www.tomhull.com/doc/bboard.html

This lets us set up a number of discussion forums. Users
can then add questions/items; users can then respond to
each question/item with answers/comments. Looks like the
categories are only one-level, but it would probably be
clear to do something like:

  Databases
  Databases :: MySQL
  Databases :: PostgreSQL

Assuming this is something we want to do (looks like a
first pass FAQ system, although /faq should be looked at
as well), I need proposals for categories.

Please start looking through this doc; let me know what
looks promising, anything you'd like to fiddle with.
Thanks.

--
/*
 *  Tom Hull * thull at kscable.com * http://www.tomhull.com/