Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: tetrinext: March 2000:
[tetrinext] Re: themes and appearances

To: tetrinext@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tetrinext] Re: themes and appearances
From: Jared Johnson <solomon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 13:06:31 GMT

> I don't know how doable it would be (I'm mostly signed up here to
> watch!) and I don't know how many have played "puzzle fighter"
> (tetris-like game featuring the Streetfighter and Darkstalkers
> characters) but I think it would be interesting if, as an option, you
> could make up your own little characters to taunt your opponents
> automatically when they screw up, etc. and/or have a default set of
> them. I'll volunteer to work on the defaults if it seems like an OK
> idea.

hehe...that sort of thing would actually be very cool, especially if it were
done with SDL.  I have taken a look at some of the demo screen hacks people have
come up with SDL, and they are alot of fun =)

it's just a matter of someone coming up with some non-lame animations i
suppose, and finding a way to do it in a fun way =)

take a look at http://www.devolution.com/~slouken/SDL/ for info on SDL.  Click
the Demos link to see the fun stuff.  I reccomend trying Fountains =)

> Pretty lame and probably not worth the time, but a suggestion
> nonetheless.

=X

--
Jared Johnson
solomon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You know what we can be like:  See a guy and think he's cute one minute, the
next minute our brains have us married with kids, the following minute we see
him having an extramarital affair.  By the time someone says "I'd like you to
meet Cecil," we shout, "You're late again with the child support!"
                -- Cynthia Heimel, "A Girl's Guide to Chaos"