Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: tetrinext: March 2000:
[tetrinext] Re: themes and appearances

To: tetrinext@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tetrinext] Re: themes and appearances
From: Shiro Akaishi <akaishi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 02:42:07 -0500

Jared Johnson wrote:

> there is the obvious stuff.  it would be nice to allow skinning of the whole
> darn thing, so people could get it to emulate GTK and so forth.  also setting
> your
> own background and your opponents', your own blocks and your opponents', are
> both given.  i just have a few suggestions above and beyond this stuff.

I don't know how doable it would be (I'm mostly signed up here to
watch!) and I don't know how many have played "puzzle fighter"
(tetris-like game featuring the Streetfighter and Darkstalkers
characters) but I think it would be interesting if, as an option, you
could make up your own little characters to taunt your opponents
automatically when they screw up, etc. and/or have a default set of
them. I'll volunteer to work on the defaults if it seems like an OK
idea.

Pretty lame and probably not worth the time, but a suggestion
nonetheless.