Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: tetrinext: March 2000:
[tetrinext] let's talk about the chat interface.

To: tetrinext@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tetrinext] let's talk about the chat interface.
From: Jared Johnson <solomon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 07:09:47 GMT

I think everybody agrees that the irc-like chat style is fun.  How far should
this go?  Personally, I would like to be able to do most of the things that I
would be doing in a game this way.  After all, this is a game, not just a
chatting
app.

lemme brainstorm.  here is some stuff that would be nice.

nickserv
chanserv
teamserv
server ops and chanops
devoicing (unlike in irc, all users have voice by default but can be devoiced
by ops in a single channel or on the server)
/team
/nick
/join
/msg
/who
/whois
/op /kick /ban
/set <--for regular irc stuff as well as setting game options like classic vs.
pure, block percentages, gaming styles, etc.
/stats (shows ratings and such)
/teamstats
/winlist
/winlist #channel

it would be nice for much of that stuff to be doable via menus as well.

anybody have anything to add?

--
Jared Johnson
solomon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Politics, as a practice, whatever its professions, has always been the
systematic organisation of hatreds.
                -- Henry Adams, "The Education of Henry Adams"