Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: tetrinext: February 2000:
[tetrinext] Re: status, web page, help wanted.

To: tetrinext@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tetrinext] Re: status, web page, help wanted.
From: Ka-shu Wong <zillidot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 23:29:58 +1100 (EST)

Hi,

>      thus, he doesn't expect to have the time to deal with making such
> a source distribution, or the web page to accompany it.

I don't know about that yet, but I think I will have some time.  I'll
probably find out within the next few weeks.

> Something will need to be drawn up concerning such things as protocol, UI,
> appearance, gameplay, rating system (hehe), and overall design.

I've got the general structure of the program written down on a piece of
paper on my desk somewhere (if only I could find it...), but it's rather
vague.

The only thing I'm pretty certain of right now is how the GUI would be
done. (this includes graphical effects like animations and things like
that - those are at the same level as other GUI elements like buttons and
stuff)

I think something that can be done (read: needs to be done :) is the
design of the protocol.  I've already posted my ideas about the 'action
stream'.  Anybody care to suggest how this can be developed into a
complete protocol?

Another thing just occured to me - about the extensions that people should
be able to easily make:  how do they work?
I think the first step to answering this question is to list the different
possible types of extensions that people could make.  Here's what I came
up with in a couple of seconds of thinking:

Gameplay extensions (eg, new specials, weird blocks)
Scoring extensions (eg, different game types such as tournaments, stuff
  that manages rankings)

Discuss. :)

Ka-shu Wong
zillidot@xxxxxxxxxxxx

#!/usr/bin/perl
$t="RKo-6v8mW21uR_wzzwr27A_wzzwr27.1s7RR#!l865lpw1l3s5zRD7=Qt22po5QaDp=D7
aDp=~75#o-_b-kmlan#ab-klmno-_#aDpR=~75lBcddBcbfBcdcBcbdBcbcB1lB1BDQBcefBA
lraDp=~6lt22po5lD7la35w17QDpB1Qa";$b=$t;$b=~tr#a-z0-9 /;_#;0-9/ _a-z#;$b
=~tr/\122\104\121\102\101\n/\n\$"\134\@/d;$b=~s/foobar/$t/;print"$b\n";