Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2009:
Best way to configure backup?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Best way to configure backup?
From: Kenneth Pronovici <pronovic@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 16:56:03 -0500

Hi,
I am looking at using offlineimap to back up my gmail account.  For this
purpose, I want a one-way pull, not a two-way sync.  I just want my backup
to include the latest gmail state.  In particular, I want to make sure that
changes in the backup (which would always be inadvertent) never
get propagated to gmail.
What is the best way to accomplish this?  From reading the docs, especially
the Deleting Local Folders section, it looks like the safe bet might be to
always remove the metadata folder immediately before running offlineimap.
Is that a good idea?  Can you suggest another alternative that might work
better?

Thanks,

KEN

--